Copyright © The Banana Leaf
Design by Dzignine
Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm on drama roll: 2012-2013 F/W dramas I wanna watch



Ohhhh drama gods, why u have to be like this? You make my to-be-watched kdrama list really REALLY long. I only watched 2 dramas (so far) on my list this year and what? you're going to give me more?! It's hard to catch up, you know, especially when all these goodies are coming in just one time (..at least).  There are SOOO many GOOD  dramas that was aired, still airing, and will air this year (and next year). But some dramas really caught me even though they haven't aired yet. So here they are.

1. City Conquest
(c) Kathy's Bench; Naver

Yeah I'm a HUGE Kim Hyun Joong fan ever since Playful Kiss. And I started following this gorgeous guy since then! He hasn't starred in any drama after PK (let's not count his cameo in Dream High) until this project came several months ago. I really got excited when I read he accepted this, because I wanna see him back on the small screen!

There are little descriptions/synopsis about this drama-like it's about the male lead named Baek Mir fighting corruption, getting revenge on his father, etc. Since they are not spilling details, I won't spill much. But from the title itself and the description and some footages/ pictures that I've seen, I'm thinking it's a City Hunter-ish/ IRIS-ish (though I haven't watched any of them) kind of material. You'll see some ass-kicking, flying vehicles, mature plot, fully toned six-pack abs and biceps, and really hot scenes. Yeah I prepared myself on the latter. I must prepare.

It's a new feat in KHJ's career, knowing that it's action/melodrama and the character requires full of emotions. Hey, this is not about a stoic prince. This is about a rugged hot man who has something to fight for- whether it's for revenge or for love or for humanity. I hope he will pull  this off. I know he's been working hard on this drama. And I really see his effort in improving his acting skills. Jung Yoo Mi  is his leading lady here. I've seen her in Rooftop prince as a villain named Hong Se Na, and I'm seeing her as SeNa here in this project. I hope when I watch this I won't see SeNa anymore.

2. Can We Get Married?

(c) jTBC

I'm not expecting a Jung So Min drama comeback right away after her Stand By sitcom which ended last monthThat's why her casting in this drama surprises and excites me! Yeah I'm a huge JSM fan ever since PK, probably huger than of KHJ. I sooo love this pretty, smart, and uber talented lady!  And I'm gonna see her again in a totally different role!

This drama revolves around couples and their relationships. Hye Yun (JSM) and Jung Hoon (Sung Joon) are an engaged couple preparing for their wedding in a few months. But with the people around them having relationship problems ( a sister on the verge of divorce with her philandering husband, a mother who just wants the best for her daughters hovering too much and most likely having conflicts with the in-laws, a couple with dysfunctional relationship, and so many more to come) and with their own issues, could they really get married? We'll find out. (teaser credit: as tagged on video, simplysomin)


It's a cable drama. You know how hot cable dramas are these days. And I heard that this station airs really good dramas. I think they're in good hands. So no worries.

I love the fact that JSM widens her horizon and studies her roles pretty well. I have seen her parts in Bad Guy, the whole Playful Kiss and some Stand By clips, and I saw her transition from 1 drama to another. PK has started right after BG, and I haven't seen a grumpy Mo-Ne (her character in BG) in a delightful Oh Hani (PK)- you know, last character syndrome (if there is such). And from the teaser above, Hye Yun is different from her previous roles- still mopey, but with boldness and sass and brains. But one problem regarding her roles is they were neglected as the drama runs. And I hope it won't happen this time. I hope she'll stand strong till the very end. Let's see if she got what it takes to be one. She is one of the best rookie actresses now, and I know she'll pull it off. I have seen Sung Joon in Lie To Me but he's just a wallflower there (seriously! blame the writer!)! I hope I'll love him here. And I'll look forward to the others who will mess up their marriage/wedding preparations. They add spice to the show.

3. I Miss You/Missing You

At first I am not interested on this drama, with some pre-production conflict like JYJ's Yoochun confirmed for the male lead while there hasn't a female lead yet, knowing the shooting starts in 2 weeks? Until Yoon Eun Hye signed for it. Now that the first stills are released, a glimpse of  Yoochun and YEH together in the screen would be like this:


It's about first love separated when they are young and met when they're adults. Ok! So it's a melodrama! The plot is cliche', but I'm digging for this show! I have seen YC in Rooftop Prince and he's funny there! I wanna see a crying and yearning YC this time. I love YEH ever since (though I haven't watched her best drama so far- Coffee Prince) so that's why this show's a must-try watch for me. And btw, I like the hairstyles- so simple and real. It's just an implication that the show is taking this melo thing seriously- less aesthetics, more emotions. I'm in.

And they just released the first teaser! Thanks for the younger version of the leads, I got more excited for this! :)  (teaser credit: HallyuYoonEunHye @YouTube)





A melo-action about revenge, a wedding fiasco with a glimpse of humor, and a rekindled love. These are the dramas I'm looking forward to now. What a variety for this season. I know I still have A LOT to watch. But who cares? I love the goodies now. I'll catch up later, I promise! :)

Can We Get Married starts in Oct 29 at jTBC, I Miss You starts in November at MBC, and City Conquest finally found a home in KBS and airs in early 2013.

2 comments:

  1. I think Can We Get Married is going to be one of those classic romantic kdramas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!:) The plot is somewhat common but with proper writing and execution they can nail it! I'm really excited for that drama! I hope they can sub it right away, because cable dramas are rarely subbed unlike the mainstream dramas.

      Delete